P.S. 321, an elementary school in Park Slope, Brooklyn, seeks highly motivated Teaching Assistant (TA) candidates for the 2016-2017 school year.
Each TA at PS 321 will support the varied needs of two Kindergarten classrooms. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Working with individual and small groups of students during work time—TAs must be receptive to learning new strategies in order to be successful at conducting components of small group instruction, such as conferring, guided reading, etc.
- Determining when students are struggling (academically and/or behaviorally) during a mini-lesson or independent work time in order to quickly respond to students in need of individualized support
- Communicating with teachers and colleagues—TAs should have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills in order to support any classroom communication needs
- Overseeing and facilitating centers and classroom projects, including setting-up and preparing materials—TAs should be flexible and work towards anticipating/responding to any needs in the classroom
- Walking students to and from specialty classes and lunch—TAs will safely and quietly transition students throughout our building
In addition to supporting the Kindergarten classroom throughout the day, TAs will help to supervise lunch and recess
TA Position Details:
- TAs earn $15 an hour
- TAs will work Monday-Friday, from 8:20-2:50, inclusive of a ½ hour lunch break
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Liz Phillips, Principal. Lphilli@schools.nyc.gov.