May 5, 2017 Restorative Justice Conference @ Lehman College
2017 Restorative Justice Conference: Creating an Equitable and Just Society – Challenges and Possibilities
May 5, 2017 @ Lehman College, CUNY
(please share with colleagues, youth, educators, families, community-based organizations, government agencies, elected officials, local community businesses)
As we plan to convene the 3nd Annual Restorative Justice Conference, we very much welcome your participation in addressing the challenges and possibilities of our continued efforts to build an equitable and just society.
Our long-term goals include:
- To consistently and deliberately build restorative communities that actively support social equity and justice and seek to end all forms of oppression.
- To promote and encourage restorative leadership development individual and communities directly impacted by punitive systems.
- To create, sustain and support safe and healthy learning communities where harm is addressed through restorative means.
- To replace models of punishment and retribution–wherever they predominate–with restorative and transformative principles and practices.
- To develop trauma-informed schools and communities that support healing and growth.
Call for Proposals
for additional information contact
David C. Fletcher – restorativedotjusticeatlehmandotcunydotedu